Golden Opportunity Club
Click here for the current newsletter
November 12, 2014 (Wednesday) -- Monthly luncheon at Sirloin Stockade in Ottumwa.
- Lunch at 11:00 a.m. followed by a speaker, program and prize drawings.
November 21, 2014 (Friday) --"A 1940s Radio Christmas Carol," Amana--$85/person
- This Old Creamery Theatre matinee performance is a delightful comedy filled with the music and spirit of Christmas. It's Christmas Eve 1943 and WOV Newark, New Jersey radio listeners settle in for a one-of-a-kind telling of the classic Dickens' story. See what happens as the Feddington players try to save the show from one disaster after another.
- We'll get to Amana in time for some downtown browsing/shopping plus a family-style lunch with home-made pie dessert at Ox Yoke Inn. Show time is 2 p.m.
- Click here for trip itinerary
December 13, 2014 (Saturday) -- Golden Opportunity Club Christmas Dinner--$9/person
- Join us at Empire Lodge, 921 Church Street, in Ottumwa from noon to 3 p.m.
- Dinner, great door prizes and entertainment!
- Tickets will be available in October.
Community 1st Credit Union's Golden Opportunity Club offers a new perspective on the educational, financial, travel and social needs of our members age 55 or better.
Golden Opportunity luncheon and travel information is published each month in C1st Connection, the credit union's quarterly newsletter. If you do not receive the newsletter you can find it on our website under Newsletters. We have a separate montly newsletter just for Golden Opportunity information, if you would like to receive by mail please contact Community 1st Credit Union, or click on the newsletter link at the top of the page.
Golden Opportunity members receive great group rates on trips and tours offered throughout the year. Numerous day trips are planned throughout the year, along with domestic and international travel. We encourage everyone interested to give us a try - you won't be disappointed!
Everyone is welcome at Sirloin Stockade in Ottumwa every second Wednesday of the month (except September & December) Join us for lunch after 11:15 and enjoy a special program at 12:30, with door prizes directly following. This is a great opportunity to meet other travelers and hear about upcoming events.
Special Savings & Checking Accounts
Golden Opportunity Savings Account: Earns a competitive interest rate and as long as you maintain a daily balance of $1,000 or more, there are no service charges. (If the amount falls below $1,000 at any time, there is a $15.00 fee, charged every quarter.)
Golden Opportunity Checking Account: A free checking account that earns interest, with no minimum balance, no monthly service charge, a free Visa Debit Card and one free box per year of basic style checks. All this plus access to our excellent line of free eServices!
Other Travel Information
All travel reservations need to be accompanied by a $100 deposit or payment in full. This holds your place and ensures contract obligations with vendors can be met on time. It also helps get a firm passenger count so preparations can proceed smoothly. Please make final payments in full by the payment deadline. If a trip is cancelled, your deposit will be fully refunded.
Make checks payable to: Golden Opportunity Club
Mail to: Community 1st Credit Union, 739 Pennsylvania Ave. Ottumwa, IA 52501 Attn: Club Coordinator
1. “Peace of Mind” insurance for $2.00 can be purchased for day trips – if you are unable to go on the trip you get a full refund (less the $2.00)
2. Special travel insurance for longer trips is offered at a separate cost through the travel companies (insurance covers cancellations, lost luggage, tour interruption) – refund policy depends on the companies’ contract
1. No gratuity will be accepted by the Club Coordinator or step-on guides
2. Motor coach driver gratuity is included
3. Gratuity is at your discretion on multi-day trips
Health/Emergency Contact Information
Confidential medical emergency forms must be filled out by each passenger before trips; information is kept by the Club Coordinator and is used only in case of emergency.
Need a roommate for overnight trips? Let your Club Coordinator know. We will help you get in contact with a compatible roommate.
Contact Jeff Wilson for more information or to book a trip!
739 Pennsylvania Ave. • Ottumwa, IA 52501
Toll Free 866.360.5370 Ext. 6423 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org