Golden Opportunity Club
Click here for the current newsletter
April 19, 2015 (Sunday) -- AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS, Des Moines Playhouse -- $85/person
- Inspired by Jules Verne's classic tale set in 1872 London, the whirlwind show has villainy, a damsel in distress, plenty of narrow escapes and lots of laughs--plus 39 characters, only five actors and seven continents of fun!
- First stop is The Machine Shed for a two entree' family style lunch (marinated chicken breast and old-fashioned pot roast) with all the delicious Machine Shed fixin's.
- Then we're off to Bauder Pharmacy on Ingersoll Ave. for dessert at one of Iowa's last operating soda fountains.
- Click here for trip itinerary.
May 13, 2015 (Wednesday) -- MONTHLY GOPP LUNCHEON AT SIRLOIN STOCKADE, Ottumwa. Lunch at 11:15 a.m. followed by a noon program, "History of the Ottumwa Naval Air Station 1943-1947" by Larry and Elsie Mae Cofer of Ottumwa.
- The Cofers have plenty of interesting material and photos from the once busy, WWII-era Midwest naval air base.
May 20, 2015 (Wednesday) -- Boone Scenic Valley Railroad, Hot Lunch Train, Boone, IA -- $88/person
- All aboard for a 22-mile, 2.5-hour roundtrip train ride through the beautiful Des Moines River Valley with lunch served in a 1950s-era dining car. We'll travel along picturesque rolling hills and the amazing Bass Point Creek high bridge. Don't forget your camera!
- Our hot lunch will be a full-service meal with choice of two entrees.
- Click here for trip itinerary.
July 7, 2015 (Tuesday)--PUMP BOYS AND DINETTES, Maples Repertory Theatre, Macon MO -- $78/person
- Tony-Award-winning musical set in the roadside Double Cupp diner with plenty of hilarious hi-jinks and country & western swing music. You'll love the Cupp sisters and the Pump Boys (the gas station crew!)
- We'll have a wonderful catered lunch at the theater and some time to explore the shops of downtown Macon.
- Our first stop will be the Walt Disney Hometown Museum in Marceline, MO. A trip back to Main Street USA!
- Click here for trip itinerary.
August 19, 2015 (Wednesday) -- Iowa State Fair, 'Older Iowans Day' -- $32/person
- Enjoy the unparalleled grandeur of the Iowa State Fair with amazing things to see, amusing things to do and culinary marvels to savor.
- Our motor coach will drop us off in the middle of the fairgrounds about 11 a.m. and you'll have eight hours to enjoy a full day of Iowa treasures!
September 9, 2015 (Wednesday)--Golden Opportunity Club Fall Picnic, Ottumwa Park Shelter -- $8/person
September 17, 2015 (Thursday) -- GOPP Mystery Trip -- $79/person
- Not as many clues as last year when we kind of gave it away! But we're guaranteeing just as much fun.
October 4 though October 9, 2015 (Sun.-Fri.) -- 'City of New Orleans' -- $1799/person (double/twin)
- We'll board Amtrak's famous 'City of New Orleans' train in Champaign, Ill. and make the French Quarter's Hotel Chateau LeMoyne our home for three nights. Highlights include a New Orleans cooking class, French Quarter carriage ride by night, wildlife and folklore swamp boat tour, steamboat 'Natchez' evening jazz cruise, walking tour of historic Jackson Square and French Quarter, guided tour of Destrehan Plantation, World War II Museum, city highlights tour and plenty of French Quarter leisure time!
- Click here for trip brochure. A wonderful time of year to experience New Orleans at its finest!
October 21, 2015 (Wednesday) -- Riverside Casino -- $35/person
Community 1st Credit Union's Golden Opportunity Club offers a new perspective on the educational, financial, travel and social needs of our members age 55 or better.
Golden Opportunity luncheon and travel information is published each month in C1st Connection, the credit union's quarterly newsletter. If you do not receive the newsletter you can find it on our website under Newsletters. We have a separate montly newsletter just for Golden Opportunity information, if you would like to receive by mail please contact Community 1st Credit Union, or click on the newsletter link at the top of the page.
Golden Opportunity members receive great group rates on trips and tours offered throughout the year. Numerous day trips are planned throughout the year, along with domestic and international travel. We encourage everyone interested to give us a try - you won't be disappointed!
Everyone is welcome at Sirloin Stockade in Ottumwa every second Wednesday of the month (except September & December) Join us for lunch after 11:15 and enjoy a special program at 12:30, with door prizes directly following. This is a great opportunity to meet other travelers and hear about upcoming events.
Special Savings & Checking Accounts
Golden Opportunity Savings Account: Earns a competitive interest rate and as long as you maintain a daily balance of $1,000 or more, there are no service charges. (If the amount falls below $1,000 at any time, there is a $15.00 fee, charged every quarter.)
Golden Opportunity Checking Account: A free checking account that earns interest, with no minimum balance, no monthly service charge, a free Visa Debit Card and one free box per year of basic style checks. All this plus access to our excellent line of free eServices!
Other Travel Information
All travel reservations need to be accompanied by a $100 deposit or payment in full. This holds your place and ensures contract obligations with vendors can be met on time. It also helps get a firm passenger count so preparations can proceed smoothly. Please make final payments in full by the payment deadline. If a trip is cancelled, your deposit will be fully refunded.
Make checks payable to: Golden Opportunity Club
Mail to: Community 1st Credit Union, 739 Pennsylvania Ave. Ottumwa, IA 52501 Attn: Club Coordinator
1. “Peace of Mind” insurance for $2.00 can be purchased for day trips – if you are unable to go on the trip you get a full refund (less the $2.00)
2. Special travel insurance for longer trips is offered at a separate cost through the travel companies (insurance covers cancellations, lost luggage, tour interruption) – refund policy depends on the companies’ contract
1. No gratuity will be accepted by the Club Coordinator or step-on guides
2. Motor coach driver gratuity is included
3. Gratuity is at your discretion on multi-day trips
Health/Emergency Contact Information
Confidential medical emergency forms must be filled out by each passenger before trips; information is kept by the Club Coordinator and is used only in case of emergency.
Need a roommate for overnight trips? Let your Club Coordinator know. We will help you get in contact with a compatible roommate.
Contact Jeff Wilson for more information or to book a trip!
739 Pennsylvania Ave. • Ottumwa, IA 52501
Toll Free 866.360.5370 Ext. 6423 • Email: email@example.com