Community 1st Credit Union is committed to protecting our members' financial information, as well as educating them on ways they can protect themselves.
The key to fighting fraud of any kind is knowing what to watch out for and how to fight back. This is why we’ve created this library of education, tips, and a wide variety of other information – so we can fight together.
Get the Facts!
In 20191 …
- $1.9 billion lost to fraud
- 3.2 million people reported fraud
And from Jan – May 2020, over 54,000 COVID-19 complaints have been filed.2
Here are 3 things you can do right now!
- Review your accounts on a regular basis, watching for any unusual activity.
(Tip! Turn on account alerts in Online & Mobile Banking.)
- Take advantage of free credit reports. Right now, the three national credit reporting agencies are giving people weekly access to monitor their credit report at no charge.
- Sign up for the FTC Consumer Alerts. Customize the alerts to fit your needs.
The CFraud Library
Let's get educated! Click on each image to learn more about that topic.
Community 1st Credit Union will never contact members via phone, email, text message, or cell phone to request personal information such as account numbers, passwords, debit or credit card numbers, expiration dates, or (PIN) personal identification numbers.
Report Lost/Stolen Debit Card
- During regular business hours, call 866.360.5370
- After business hours, call 800.383.8000
Report Lost/Stolen Credit Card
- 24-Hour Cardmember Service: 800.558.3424
To report suspicious activity or if you have been a victim of fraud, contact …
- Community 1st Credit Union at 866.360.5370
- Your local police department
- The FTC at ftc.gov/complaint
Follow us on Social Media to stay in-the-know!
2 FTC reports from January 1, 2020 – May 25, 2020. https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/data-visualizations/explore-data