Keep Your Devices Safe
- Use up-to-date anti-virus software.
- Keep passwords private.
- Don’t use public wi-fi accounts when shopping or banking online.
Stay Safe While Banking Online
- Don’t do your banking on public wi-fi.
- Create strong passwords.
- Bank with a financial institution that has industry-standard technology.
- (C1st has this and offers several layers of security.)
- Learn to recognize Phishing and other types of scams.
Be Cautious on Social Media
- Lock down privacy settings.
- Be careful what you share.
- Be selective with friends.
- Avoid (and report) duplicate friend requests.
- Click links with caution.
- Don’t use social credentials to sign in to 3rd party sites.
- Handle passwords with care.
Get more detail on social media safety here.
Avoid Online Shopping Scams
- Always get tracking numbers.
- Be wary of U.S. sellers who say they’re out of the country.
- Don’t wire funds directly. Always use a credit card.
- Be cautious of deals that seem too good to be true.
Get more details on online shopping scams here.