Lesson Plan: Protecting Yourself Online
In a connected world, keeping your personal information safe is essential. This lesson will familiarize students with common types of scams they may encounter online, as well as common mistakes people make in protecting their personal data.
• Help students to spot common online scams and protect sensitive personal information
• Equip students to decide what not to share on social media
• Demonstrate the importance of keeping various forms of personal information secure
• Break down different types of online scams and common scam tactics
• Identify mistakes in social media posts that could compromise data security
• Spot the warning signs of various scams in a suspicious email
Activities A and B can be used to gauge student understanding. An optional quiz has been provided with this lesson plan (the quiz is not factored into the lesson’s 45-minute runtime).
lesson plan activity A activity b quiz