Your Nishna Valley CU Recommends a YES Vote!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I vote YES?
In March, all members of NVCU will receive a merger packet in the mail. The ballot is included in the packet.
- Complete ballot form included in the packet.
- Place completed ballot in the ballot envelope and seal it.
- Place the sealed ballot envelope inside the included postage-paid return envelope. Please include your name and address on the return envelope, seal it, and mail it.
- Ballot must be postmarked by Friday, May 7, 2021.
- Ballots may also be hand-delivered to the NVCU main office located at 200 Maple St., Atlantic, IA 50022 no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, May 7, 2021.
Will the Atlantic and Creston branch facilities remain open?
YES! Both branches will continue to operate as always, only with even more products and services to offer! Also, as a member of C1st, you will have access to 18 additional full-service branches.
How does C1st support its local communities?
C1st is committed to serving the Atlantic and Creston communities. In 2020, C1st spent over $200k in its communities through local grants, sponsorships, financial education, and scholarships. A brand awareness campaign will be launched as soon as the merger is passed, including partnerships with local schools and non-profit organizations.
What will happen to our loan and deposit rates?
C1st offers very competitive rates. Click here to compare NVCU with C1st. A YES vote would mean better deposit and loan rates for Nishna Valley members.
TJ Marcsisak, President and CEO of Nishna Valley CU, commented, “Merging with another financial institution is likely inevitable for us. C1st is committed to seeing us thrive. We have done our due diligence and I believe C1st is a great fit for NVCU. It is the best option for our members.”