Nishna Valley Credit Union Merger FAQ's
posted on Thursday, June 3, 2021 in Announcements
It’s official! Members of Nishna Valley Credit Union have agreed to merge with Community 1st Credit Union, with nearly 90% of votes cast saying “yes” to merge.
We can’t wait to show you why we believe Together Is Better. We know you’ll have plenty of questions as we get closer to merging. Here’s a list of frequently asked questions for your reference. Don’t see an answer you’re looking for? Click here to send us your question.
General Merger FAQ's
- When will the merger take place?
Nishna Valley CU will merge with Community 1st Credit Union on Friday, October 1, 2021.
- Will the Atlantic and Creston branch facilities remain open after the merger?
YES! Both branches will continue to operate as always, only with even more products and services to offer! Also, as a member of C1st, you will have access to 18 additional full-service branches.
- Where are the Community 1st Credit Union branches located?
You can find a list of all our branch locations listed here.
- Do I need to do anything to become a member of C1st?
No. You will automatically become a member on October 1, 2021.
- Will my current loans with NVCU change?
The rate and term of your loan will not change. Your loan account number will change.
- Will my statements or eStatements look the same after the merger?
Your September statement (arriving the beginning of October) will be the same that you have always received. Starting in November, your statements will come from Community 1st Credit Union and will have a different look to them.
- Will I keep my current Nishna Valley Credit Union account numbers?
No. You will receive a new member number and account numbers to use on and after October 1, 2021.
- What can I do to prepare for the merger?
If you use online/mobile banking and/or bill pay, follow the steps below to prepare for the merger:
- Download your 2021 statements for quick reference.
- Download a copy of your bill pay payees
- Download a copy of all current and future scheduled payments for your records.
- Schedule any time-sensitive bill payments and online transactions prior to 5:00 pm on September 30, 2021.