Community 1st Credit Union has established a scholarship program to assist active members who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs.
Community 1st Credit Union Scholarships
Each year, C1st awards $42,000 in scholarships to area members who wish to continue their education in college or vocational school. In 2020, we have added additional opportunities for all students to continue their education.
- Four (4) $1,000 awards will be given to non-traditional or returning college students.
- One (1) $4,000 award will be given to the most qualified applicant who is the child of a Community 1st Credit Union employee.
- Seventeen (17) awards of $2,000 each will be given to the remaining, most qualified applicants.
This program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation's largest designer and manager of scholarships, tuition assistance, and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
All scholarship applications must be completed online through Scholarship America. As part of your application, you must also upload the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades, and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically through Scholarship America.
LEARN MORE / APPLY NOW FOR A C1ST SCHOLARSHIP
C1st Scholarship application deadline is March 13th, 2020 by 3:00pm CST.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship
Each year, ICUF offers Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarships to credit union members pursuing post-secondary education. The scholarship is funded by donations received by the Iowa Credit Union Foundation. In 2019, twelve winners were selected, totaling $23,000 in awarded scholarships. The application deadline is February 7, 2020.
APPLY NOW FOR the warren a morrow scholarship
- Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge
The Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge: Senior Scholarship awards a $2,000 college scholarship to 30 Iowa high school students each year. All participants experience two online tools to help them understand ways to reduce borrowing to pay for college and receive emailed tips on planning and paying for college. The application deadline is February 21, 2020.
Apply now for the Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge