2023 C1st Scholarship Recipients
posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023 in Announcements
Community 1st Credit Union’s 2023 scholarship program has announced $50,000 will be awarded to 24 area high school seniors this summer for the 2023-2024 academic school year. C1st has a long tradition of supporting local communities and education through its scholarship program for both traditional and non-traditional students. In the last decade, C1st has awarded over $400,000 in scholarships to local student-members.
This year’s awards include one $4,000 scholarship, which goes to a child of a C1st employee, and 23 additional $2,000 awards going to high school seniors looking to pursue further education.
The 2023 C1st Child of an Employee scholarship of $4,000 went to:
- Paige Lisk - Pekin Community High School
The C1st scholarship winners receiving $2,000 include:
- Brayton Striegel - Albia High School
- Sophie Waber - Albia High School
- Jeremy Sheeder - Griswold High School
- Leah Rudd - Davis County High School
- Melana Followwill - Davis County High School
- Peyton Stadler - Clear Creek Amana High School
- Caden Spring - Moravia High School
- Delaney Caudill - Chariton Community High School
- Grace Watkins-Schoenig - Chariton Community High School
- Riley Wipperman - Creston High School
- Tayler McCreedy - Pekin Community High School.
- Charles Willmott - Indianola High School
- Kaden McGill - Knoxville High School
- Jordan Crooks - Mount Pleasant Community High School
- Lane Whirrett - Clarke Community High School
- Rylee Dunkin - Twin Cedars Schools
- Anderson Keough - Oskaloosa High School
- Roderick Rath - Ottumwa High School
- Emma Strayer - Ottumwa High School
- Noah Trucano - Ottumwa High School
- Madeline Schmitz - Pella High School
- Ali Fletcher - Underwood High School
- Daniel Martinez - Columbus Community High School
“At Community 1st we sincerely believe one of the very best investments we can make is in helping our young members further their education,” said Greg Hanshaw, President & CEO. “We are grateful that our Board of Directors has been extremely generous in making this investment a reality for many years now.”
Community 1st Credit Union offers traditional and non-traditional scholarships to members who wish to continue their education in college or vocational school. Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarships, tuition assistance, and other education support programs, administers the program. Applications for the next academic year of 2024-2025 can be submitted for consideration on our website beginning December 2023.