HomeTown Credit Union Merger
posted on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 in General
Attention Former HomeTown CU members: You recently received a Community 1st February statement without balances in error. We apologize for the confusion. You will receive a final statement at the end of March from HomeTown CU for transactions settled January 1st – March 6th. In April, you’ll receive your first C1st statement for transactions settled March 7th – 31st.
It's official! Members of HomeTown Credit Union have merged with Community 1st Credit Union.
Here is our complete list of details and FAQs about the merger.
HomeTown CU FAQ's
- When will the merger take place?
HomeTown CU merged with Community 1st Credit Union on Monday, March 7, 2022.
- Will HomeTown CU’s name change?
Yes, the credit union name will change to Community 1st Credit Union.
- Do I need to do anything to become a member of Community 1st Credit Union?
No. You will automatically become a member on Monday, March 7, 2022.
- Will my current loans with HomeTown CU change?
The rate and term of your loan will not change. Your loan account number will change.
- Will my statement look the same after the merger?
No, Community 1st Credit Union statements look different. Please note, you will receive a final statement at the end of March from HomeTown CU for transactions settled January 1st – March 6th. In April, you’ll receive your first C1st statement for transactions settled March 7th – 31st.
- Will my account, member, and routing number(s) change?
Yes, your account and member number(s), as well as the routing number will change. You will receive a letter with your new account, member and routing number(s). Community 1st Credit Union routing number: 273975726.
- What should I do with my direct deposit and/or automatic payment(s)?
Please notify the company/employer that your account information is changing effective Monday, March 7, 2022. Give them your new 14-digit Community 1st Credit Union account number and routing number. Community 1st Credit Union routing number: 273975726.
- When can I begin using the C1st branches?
HomeTown CU members can begin using the C1st branches on Monday, March 7, 2022.
- Will our current hours be changing?
Yes, the hours will be changing on Monday, March 7, 2022:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Where are the Community 1st Credit Union branches located?
- Is there anything else I can do to prepare for the merger?
Yes. Please stop by or call HomeTown CU to confirm we have accurate contact information on file. Keeping your contact information up to date allows us to reach you in regards to important C1st notices and news, special offers, and more.
- Can I make the switch to Community 1st Credit Union today?
Yes. Please stop by or call HomeTown CU if you’re interested in making the switch. We’ll close your HomeTown CU membership and open a C1st membership so you can start enjoying the additional benefits today.
- How will this merger benefit me? You will enjoy:
- C1st offers a wide variety of affordable products and services.
- Our digital banking system provides members with the latest technology for today and tomorrow.
- C1st staff spends countless hours volunteering within their local communities.
- C1st provides financial education via local school partnerships.
- Over 90% of their members are overall satisfied with the excellent service provided at C1st.
- C1st garnered its sixth straight Des Moines Register “Top Workplace” award in 2021
- Will HomeTown CU be closed during the merger?
In preparation for the HomeTown CU merger, the Shenandoah branch will close at noon on Friday, March 4th. The branch will reopen on Monday, March 7th as Community 1st Credit Union!
Don’t see an answer you’re looking for? Click here to send us your question.