Board of Directors Petition
Members wishing to run for a seat on the Community 1st Credit Union Board of Directors must file an Official Petition and Board Nomination Form for nomination.
Community 1st Credit Union
1100 Hutchinson Ave.
Ottumwa, IA 52501
The petition must be signed by 200 members of Community 1st Credit Union. Nominations must also include qualifications, biographical data, and a certificate stating the nominee’s agreement to nomination and willingness to serve if elected. Minimum qualifications include:
- A member or joint owner in good standing with C1st for at least 24 consecutive months (including time spent as a member with a merged credit union).
- At least 21 years old and an active user of Community 1st Credit Union services.
- Able and willing to serve the membership by giving the time necessary to perform the duties of the board.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements.
- Act in the best interest of the Community 1st Credit Union membership at all times.
Nominations received after the closing date or incomplete nominations shall be disqualified by the Secretary. There will be no nominations from the floor at the annual meeting. Election results will be announced at the annual meeting.