Nishna Valley CU is joining C1st!
posted on Thursday, August 26, 2021 in Announcements
It’s official! Members of Nishna Valley Credit Union have agreed to merge with Community 1st Credit Union, with nearly 90% of votes cast saying “yes” to merge.
So, beginning October 1, 2021, Nishna Valley CU will be joining the C1st family – as members of the credit union and part of our C1st employee team.
We Want All Members to Know…
- You will continue to do business with the same people you know and trust.
- You will have access to a full lineup of financial products and services. (NVCU members will now have access to some NEW exciting products/services!)
- All members will have access to all 20 locations beginning October 1, 2021.
Current C1st Members
We’re happy to announce this merger adds a new full-service branch in Creston, IA and Atlantic, IA to the list of C1st branches already available to you. Each of these locations has people ready to provide the same high level of service and attention you’re accustomed to receiving. We hope you’ll stop in and say hello to our newest team members!
Current NVCU Members
Welcome! We understand you will have many questions, and we want you to know we’re here to help make this transition as easy as possible and your financial future all you want and need it to be.
We’ve answered some at-a-glance questions below, but please refer to our complete FAQ for further details about the upcoming merger. It will help you prepare for applicable changes it may have on your existing financial products, services, and tools.
General Merger FAQs
- Where can I find up-to-date information regarding the merger?
- When will the merger take place?
Nishna Valley CU will merge with Community 1st Credit Union on Friday, October 1, 2021.
- When will the system conversion take place?
The system conversion will start on Wednesday, September 29, 2021. We anticipate all normal activity will resume on Friday, October 1, 2021.
- The Atlantic and Creston locations will close Wednesday, September 29th and Thursday, September 30th. They will re-open normal business hours on Friday, October 1. During this time, online and telephone banking will be unavailable.
- Please be prepared and have alternative payment methods available, including cash, credit cards and checks. ATMs will be in service, and you can still use your debit card, however, transaction limits will apply.
- Please note that balances displayed during conversion will reflect funds as of September 28th.
- Do I need to do anything to become a member of C1st?
No. You will automatically become a member on October 1, 2021.
- Will my member number and account numbers change?
Yes. Your member number, account number(s), and routing number will change.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, our timeline to send your 14-digit Community 1st Credit Union MICR account numbers to you has been delayed. We’ll be sending your account numbers for your savings, checking, etc. the first week of October.
You will receive a letter with your new member account number and routing number before October 1st.
- Will the Atlantic and Creston branch facilities remain open after the merger?
YES! Both branches will continue to operate as always, only with even more products and services to offer! Also, as a member of C1st, you will have access to 18 additional full-service branches.
- Where are the Community 1st Credit Union branches located?
- Will our current hours be changing?
Yes, the hours will be changing for both the Atlantic and Creston locations on October 1st:
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- When can I begin using the C1st branches?
NVCU members can begin using the C1st branches on Friday, October 1st.
- I’m interested in a career at Community 1st Credit Union. How do I apply?
Whether you are starting your career or searching for professional growth opportunities, C1st might have an opportunity for you. Join a team that has been recognized as one of the top workplaces in Iowa. Go to www.c1stcu.com/careers to view open positions & apply online.
Don't see an answer you're looking for? Click here to contact our Member Service team. We'd be happy to assist.
Check back for updates throughout the upcoming months.