Digital Banking Upgrade FAQ's
At C1st, one of our five brand promises is having the right technology for today and tomorrow. We’re excited to announce we are providing our members with an upgraded Digital Banking experience you are sure to love, coming in October. You'll 'C' the Difference!
Why is C1st changing my online banking?
- We are upgrading our online banking system as part of our ongoing effort to provide account holders with state of the art banking functionality, convenience, and security.
- Our Digital Banking will soon offer a unified experience (look and feel) across all devices, whether you are logging in via your computer or C1st mobile app.
- You will need to go to the app store to download our new app. If you prefer to do everything through the app, you’ll never even have to log into your computer.
When will the upgrade take effect?
- The online banking upgrade is scheduled for October 20, 2020.
What’s not changing?
- Don’t worry, there will be no disruption to ATM access, your ability to use debit/credit cards, or write checks during the upgrade.
- Your account numbers, routing number, bill pay and direct deposit information will remain the same.
Is there any action required to start using the new experience?
- Yes, it is important that you either update or validate your contact information before October 1, 2020 in order to enable you to log into the new system.
What internet browsers are supported?
- Browsers must be HTML5 compatible. We recommend updating your browser to the latest version available - not just to ensure compatibility with the new online banking experience, but also to ensure that your online banking is as secure as possible.
- Browsers below the following requirements will not provide functionality: Internet Explorer – Version 11 and below, Firefox – Version 24 and below, Chrome – Version 30 and below, Safari – Version 6 and below.
What iOS/Android devices are supported?
- Our mobile app is supported on both Apple iOS and Android devices.
- Supported versions include Android 7 and newer, iOS 11.x (limited support), and iOS 12.x and newer. We recommend updating your operating system to the latest version available.
Will I have to re-register for online banking or will my User ID change?
- No. If you’re currently using online banking, your User ID will remain the same. You will need to setup a new password. You may use your current or past password, as long as they meet the password requirements.
Will I need to download a new mobile app?
- Yes. You will need to go to the app store and download our new app. Please search for ‘Community 1st CU’. It will look like this: Once downloaded, please delete our old app.
Will I have access to all my accounts and account history?
- Yes. You will be able to see all of the accounts that you are a primary or joint owner of and you’ll be able to view the past 90 days of transaction history.
Will bills I had scheduled for payment within BillPayer still process?
- Yes. All previously scheduled and recurring payments within BillPayer will continue to process, and all payee information and payment activity will be migrated over to our new digital banking platform.
NOTE: BillPayer will be temporarily unavailable October 19th at 1:00 PM CST, until the morning of October 20th. During this time your scheduled payments will still be processed, however you will not be able to maintenance an existing payment or schedule a new payment until October 20th. If you have bill due dates coming up, you may want to schedule a payment prior to October 19th.
Will I have access to my eStatement history?
- Yes. You will have access to past eStatements, if you are an eStatement subscriber.
- To sign up for eStatements on our new digital platform, please go to:
- Menu > Statements > eStatement Preferences
- Choose your delivery preference: Electronic Statements OR Paper Statements
- Confirm your delivery email address
- Accept the eStatement Delivery Disclosure
- Click Submit
Will my custom alerts transfer over?
- No. Custom alerts that were set up will not transfer. You will need to go in and set up new alerts. There are a ton of new alert options in the new digital banking platform, and they are super easy to set up.
Can I export to QuickBooks & Quicken?
- Yes. If your online banking account is linked to QuickBooks or Quicken, you will need to merge or relink your accounts.
- For a detailed guide, please visit the QuickBooks & Quicken section.
Will Online & Mobile Banking be available to view in Spanish?
- Yes. Our new digital banking platform will be available in Spanish, through both a computer and your mobile app.
What services are available on the app?
- There are tons of fun services, including Apple Watch, Text Banking, Mobile Deposit, Loan Payments, Pay a Member (C1st Account), Pay A Friend (non C1st account), Bill Payer, Statements, Alerts and so much more! You’ll ‘C’ the Difference!
Will I be able to view my business accounts via the Mobile App?
- Yes. You will be able to view your business accounts through the mobile app and utilize many of the mobile app features!
How will this upgrade affect my Business Cash Management?
- If you’re a Business Cash Management user, you will no longer need to include your Company ID when logging into your accounts. You will only use the Business Online Banking ID and Password fields. This Multi-Factor Authentication will be replaced with a Secure Access Code.
- For a detailed list of what to expect and how to log in on 10.20.2020, please visit the Business Cash Management section.
Is there an online resource for help?
- Yes, there is a “help” button available in the menu.
Can I use this on my phone/tablet?
- Absolutely. Our new online banking system will provide you the ability to bank anytime, anywhere, from any device—conveniently and securely.
- You can download the app on Android or Apple devices, and it will provide a consistent experience with banking from your desktop.
- If you’re on a platform that isn’t Android or Apple, you can always access online banking via your HTML5-compatible mobile browser.
What is a unified experience?
- A unified experience simply means that the look and feel of your digital banking is consistent on all of your devices.
- It does not mean that the exact same features and functions are available on every device. It is intended to improve your experience by making navigation simple and familiar regardless of device.