What You Need to Know about Overdraft Services and Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my checking account?
- We authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- BillPayer transactions
- ACH Withdrawals
- We will not pay overdrafts for everyday debit card transactions unless you OPT-IN and authorize us to do so.
- We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM transactions.
- We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if C1st pays my overdraft?
- You will be charged the standard courtesy pay fee each time we pay an overdraft. There is no limit on the total fees we can charge overdrawing your account.
What if I want C1st to authorize and pay overdrafts on my everyday debit card transactions?
- If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on everyday debit card transactions, complete and submit the OPT-IN request below.
All fields marked with * are required.